Laptop won’t charge anymore? Still works on battery? DC Jack Repair **$69 Flat Rate**
If you have a loose or broken dc connection where you plug in the power on your laptop, or it works intermittently, you could have a bad dc jack. We fix/replace the outlet for $69 parts and labor.
- Move the power plug and the laptop loses connection
- Broken or cracked dc jack
- Laptop won’t charge but worked on battery
- Power LED and battery LED flicker when the adapter tip is moved
- Battery won’t charge
- Sparks come out the back of the laptop
- Feels very loose or wobbly where you plug it in.
Why does this happen?
- Flaw in manufacturer designs
- Use of universal or non-original ac adapter
- Lots of plugging and unplugging of the ac adapter
- Tripping on or pulling the ac adapter cord
The wrong information some repair centers give:
Most service centers don’t want to deal with this problem on a micro repair basis. Many, including the large nationwide stores and the laptop’s manufacturer, will either tell you the machine is not repairable or that it needs a new motherboard. These quotes usually run from $250 to as much as $800. They choose to ignore the fact that a broken power jack can be repaired without a motherboard replacement.
Common brands with this problem are HP/Compaq, Toshiba, Dell, and Gateway but any laptop can fall victim to a bad power plug. Don’t pay hundreds to fix something that can be done for under 100$. Many repair places only replace the motherboard and that can cost anywhere from $300-$1000.
1. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-224-6624. If I don’t answer, please leave a message and I’ll call back as quick as possible. See below for address. Schedule an appointment to drop the laptop off. The best times for me are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. If you’re out of state you can send the laptop to:
6238 Navajo Terrace
Margate, FL 33063
Do you provide other services? We repair all types of laptop problems (Screens, Inverters, Keyboards, Hinges, Data Recovery, Software, Upgrades, and Sales Consulting.
Do you have any hidden charges or extra costs? Labor and parts are included in the $69 price. Add $20 for shipping. %5 of laptops don’t fall under the $69 price. Always email or call before you send the laptop out.
How do we submit payment? We accept credit card, money order, check, and paypal (money order and checks must clear before re-shipment).
Do you repair or replace the dc jack? We only replace the jack with factory original parts. Fixing can be longer and harder to warrant.
Do you need a password? No password is required.
Do I need to send the ac adapter? Yes. We need the adapter to effectively diagnose the laptop and test upon completing the repair.
Do I need to send the hard drive? No. If you aren’t familiar with how to take it out you might want to leave it in.
Do you provide a warranty? DC Jack Repairs are warranted for one year which includes labor only. Warranty is void if a no ac adapter or a non-original adapter is sent with the laptop. It’s also void if anyone has ever worked on the laptop, no exceptions.
Am I charged if the repair doesn’t work? If no one has ever worked on the dc jack internally we have a no fix, no fee policy. If we replace an obviously broken jack and the laptop still doesn’t power on full payment is required.
How long have you been repairing laptops? I’ve been doing component level laptop repairs as a full time job since 2006. I did some work doing basic pc repair three years prior.
What is your success rate?If it’s obvious the jack is the problem (loose, cracked, broken) we see about a 90% success rate. If it’s not very obvious we see a %70 success rate.